The Director, Marketing and Communications helps establish and execute marketing strategies and tactics to advance the organization’s mission and help meet Battelle for Kids’ business development goals. The Director collaborates with the leadership and business development teams in a fast-paced, innovative work environment. The Director will work to identify and appeal to key education audiences and strategic partners to inspire 21st century educational transformation, leveraging Battelle for Kids’ resources, events, and networks.
To apply: https://www.indeed.com/job/director-marketing-3551e4728f3a1d46
- Co-create and support the implementation of a comprehensive external marketing strategy for the organization.
- Develop and implement marketing plans for new and existing offerings, including marketing content creation, product launches, and social media campaigns.
- Work collaboratively with leadership, project teams and other internal stakeholders to develop effective marketing plans that support sales goals for products, services, networks, and events.
- Generate, edit and publish key messaging through multiple channels, including social media platforms and mass email.
- Write copy that strategically appeals to key target audiences in the education field.
- Create marketing and communications collateral, including website copy, promotional materials, reports, blogs and podcasts.
- Enforce brand marketing guidelines throughout each campaign to ensure overall cohesion with organizational branding.
- Analyze and use key performance indicator data, including campaign results, conversion rates and online traffic to inform and improve future marketing strategies and campaigns.
- Support the Business Development Team to provide expertise for developing and implementing strategies for new and existing products, services, and events
- Collaborate with the Events Team to prepare engaging trade show exhibits and collateral for conferences and exhibit halls. Provide post-event performance indicator reports and analysis.
- Assume responsibility for professional growth and development, keeping current with Education research, trends and marketing techniques, including technology tools and software
- Provide clients with communications services, as applicable/assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Moderate travel is expected (less than 25%).
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Strong written and oral communication skills. Adept in integrated marketing and communications planning and implementation. Meticulous attention to detail in copywriting and editing. Strong understanding of and proficiency in copywriting, graphic design, layout and publishing. Organized and self-directed. Committed to ensuring the highest quality implementation on time and on budget. Adaptable, analytical, creative and skilled problem solver. Exceptional relationship builder, collaborator and communicator with colleagues, clients, stakeholders, and partners. Knowledge and understanding of current trends and issues in marketing, education, and business. Adept with use of various platforms to support implementation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field is required (Master’s degree preferred). Minimum of 5 years of marketing experience required. Experience in the education sector and familiarity with the field of 21st century education strongly preferred. Experience in agency, consulting, digital/collaboration platform user experience or professional learning preferred. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite required.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added or this description amended at any time.