GateHouse Media, the 2nd largest news media outlet in the United States, is seeking a full time Email Marketing Specialist to help grow our print and digital audience through a focused effort on email marketing. In this collaborative role, located at our corporate satellite office right here in Columbus, Ohio, you’ll be focused on architecting operational strategies that are designed to aggressively drive print & digital subscriptions for our 150+ properties.
This position will report to the Manager, Digital Subscription Marketing – Channel Sales.
- Drive the strategy, scheduling, and ongoing analysis of automated, targeted, and personalized marketing strategies.
- Analyze and report campaign results and customer behavior to identify actionable opportunities for customer segmentation and targeting efforts to drive conversions
- Create and manage an email marketing calendar with at least 3 months lead time and author creative briefs that lay out direction for designers, copywriters, and marketing ops about the key campaign message and strategy
- Work with internal cross-functional teams, management, and Regional Planners to ensure successful execution of programs: implement a/b testing procedures, QA, and ensure legal compliance, and deployment.
Experience & Requirements
- 2+ years hands-on experience managing digital marketing campaigns, preferably within a start-up or high-growth B2C business
- A proven track record in delivering high-growth campaigns across multiple digital touch points, in particularly email marketing
- Experience managing and implementing digital marketing campaigns, with direct experience in Salesforce Marketing Cloud preferred
- Highly organized self-starter with strong problem-solving skills and an anything is possible attitude
- Willingness to travel domestically 10-20% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The position may require:
- Sitting for extended periods, working on computer
- Working remotely and managing expectations for multiple markets across the USA from one physical market location
- Ability to be on phone calls / conference calls for extended periods of time
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. GateHouse Media Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.