Founded in 1963, Paul Werth Associates is a full-service, strategic communications firm that helps grow businesses, build brands and shape policy for some of the nation’s leading organizations. Its core competencies include public relations, public affairs, marketing and branding, and research. Offering strategic counsel and a full array of creative services,
Werth also builds digital solutions and social media strategies into innovative and effective communications programs for its clients. For more information about Werth, visit werthpr.com.
Werth is seeking a Graphic and Digital Design Intern. The intern is primarily responsible for the conceptualization and design of graphic applications such as collateral material, corporate identity and web interfaces, from concept to completion. Projects will range from highly creative design projects to smaller, production-based jobs.
The intern will report to the Director of Digital and Creative Services, and must be able to effectively coordinate with account leadership, project managers, developers and copywriters to ensure solutions successfully meet client objectives and internal goals.
- Assist with the development concepts and designs for clients and internal use.
- Revise designs according to client needs. Accommodate account services feedback and creative direction. Present alternate ideas in a professional manner.
- Implement the design process through completion and prepare final layout for a variety of advertising, marketing, digital, public relations and social media creative projects.
- Possess a good understanding of current trends in graphic design and a strong understanding of the digital marketing channel.
- Maintain up-to-date skills in design, printing and interactive techniques relevant to various industries represented by clients.
- Potentially present work and represent the creative team during internal discussions.
- Maintain and follow file production, organization and documentation procedures.
- Ensure that the firm’s adopted quality control procedures are followed on all projects.
- Assist in the creative aspects of new business proposals and presentations.
- Foster an atmosphere of helpfulness and cooperation with staff and clients.
- Must be working on a degree or certification in graphic design or related field.
- Must possess the ability to produce highly creative work within budgetary guidelines.
- Must be comfortable working in a Mac environment with a variety of design programs, e.g., Creative Suite with InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Sketch. Some experience with html a plus.
- Must possess strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, have good organizational skills and work well under deadline pressure.
- Work well in a team environment and be willing to help other team members when appropriate.
- Must have an understanding and/or willingness to adapt to the project management program Basecamp in determining deadlines and routing work with team members.
- Must value high quality control standards in all aspects of the production process.
This is a paid internship, and we pay for parking and COTA bus passes. Werth provides an environment of learning, exciting experiences and positive direction to support interns and their career paths.
Werth is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will recruit, hire, train and promote into all job levels, the most qualified persons without regard to race, religion, gender, age, disability or national origin.
Please send your resume and portfolio or link to firstname.lastname@example.org.