The Ohio Domestic Violence Network is looking for a part-time graphic and eLearning design intern to assist our Graphic Designer/Technology Specialist on a variety of projects related to the development of printed and online products, website updates, eLearning courses and content, and video editing.
As an intern at ODVN, you will have a range of opportunities and experiences for professional development and learning. At ODVN, you are not just “the intern” but a valued member of our team. We are dedicated to ensuring you have a meaningful experience during your time here because we want you to grow as an individual and professional, rather than just meeting your degree requirements.
As an Intern You Will:
- Assist with designing educational and advocacy materials (including designing for print, online, and other forms of media)
- Assist with creating content for eLearning modules
- Assist with editing videos for our online portal, including editing captioning
- Assist with maintaining our website
- Assist with other projects, as needed
As an Intern You Will Have Access to:
- Training that ODVN offers for advocates and professionals
- Opportunity to work with and learn from ODVN’s graphic designer and technology specialist
- Professional development around technology that focuses on survivor safety and confidentiality
- A network of professionals dedicated to promoting equity, racial justice, and awareness of domestic violence to policymakers and organizations throughout Ohio
- Currently working on a degree in an appropriate program (graphic design, visual communication, etc.)
- Junior or senior level is highly preferred
- Graphic and web design experience
- Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, etc.), Articulate Storyline, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to prioritize projects and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- This is a temporary internship
- The schedule for the internship can be flexible to accommodate school requirements, but should not exceed 20 hours per week
- Candidates should have a portfolio of designs for review
- This is a paid internship, with a rate of $15 per hour
- Our office is in Columbus, Ohio; however, the position may be in-person, remote, or a mixture of both
- Candidates with their own laptop and Adobe Creative Suite preferred
Please send a cover letter and resume by December 19, 2022, to email@example.com with Graphic and eLearning Design Intern in the subject line. Please no mail or phone calls.
The review of applicants will begin immediately and scheduling of initial interviews of first-round candidates will begin the week of December 19, 2022, progressing until a qualified applicant is found.
About the Ohio Domestic Violence Network:
The Ohio Domestic Violence Network advances the principle that all people have the right to an oppression and violence-free life; fosters change in our economic, social, and political systems, and brings leadership expertise and best practices to community programs.
ODVN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ODVN recognizes the relationship between domestic violence and oppression. Thus, it is committed to becoming an exemplary diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization by:
- Welcoming diverse people and perspectives
- Focusing on areas of inclusion via advocacy, training, and leadership