Come join the Library’s Marketing and Community Relations team! We are seeking an individual to create visually compelling graphics, promotional pieces and brand designs. In addition, you will also promote and advocate for the Library in social media spaces by generating and refining content to engage with our Library users. Please see below for additional details about this position.
Creates and implements graphics, promotional pieces and brand designs in print and digital formats. Supports our efforts to communicate the value of the library by increasing awareness of services, collections and programs through creation and sharing of multimedia content via social networks, web, digital signage and other platforms.
- Creates graphic designs and templates for library communications, promotional material, website, special events and signage.
- Works closely with the library’s Marketing and Community Relations Manager to develop promotions and messaging to align with the Library’s marketing strategies.
- Works closely with the library’s Information Technology department to create and share content.
- Promotes and advocates for the Library in social media spaces by engaging with users.
- Generates, refines and posts text, photos, videos and graphic content across platforms.
- Maintains awareness and identifies opportunities to highlight library services and events.
- Promotes library events through photography, videography, streaming and other methods.
- Manages and creates content for library-wide digital information displays.
- Researches and recommends digital content tactics and innovative strategies.
- Keeps abreast of current trends, professional techniques and applications.
- Proofreads copy submitted by library staff.
- Serves on library committees as assigned.
- Follows library safety and emergency policies and procedures.
- Reports maintenance and safety issues to supervisor and/or Facilities personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to create visually compelling content in a variety of media.
- Proficient in Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
- Experienced in creating digital designs for various formats.
- Demonstrated experience writing on social media platforms, blogs and online sites including creating dynamic and engaging content.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing social media strategies and researching trends.
- Ability to appropriately tailor content based upon intended audience and platform.
- Thorough knowledge of English usage, spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license and proof of insurance.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with coursework in graphic design, visual communication design or relative field required.
- Two or more years related work experience demonstrating proficiency in graphic design preferred.
- Demonstrated competence in producing web content.
- Three to five years of experience working with social media platforms preferred.
- Experience with photography and videography preferred.
- Knowledge of library practices and procedures preferred.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
- Considerable mobility including, but not limited to, extensive periods of walking, bending, sitting, lifting weights up to 20 pounds, and pushing full book carts.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to perform general typing and computer skills.
- Calm and focused handling of interruptions and distractions.
- Periodic intense concentration and sustained viewing of a computer monitor.
Full-time; including some evenings and weekends on an as needed basis
$ 38,896/annually minimum starting salary (40 hour workweek); starting salary commensurate with experience
To apply, visit our website at www.ualibrary.org