Company: RG Barry Brands
Location: Pickerington, OH
Job Benefits: Paid $15/Hour, 20 Hours/Week, 12 Week Summer Program
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working, and passionate graphic design intern to join our creative team in our Columbus office. An interest in fashion and retail is essential, as is a positive, can-do attitude. This is a hands-on internship that provides the opportunity to work directly with the creative team on both of RG Barry’s brands: Dearfoams and baggallini. You will work on both digital and print projects to gain a thorough understanding of the graphic design needs at a retail company. Day-to-day tasks will largely focus on executing creative concepts. The skills you hone here will be featured in a collaborative project developed throughout the 12-week duration of the internship program.
About RG Barry Brands
RG Barry Brands is a leading developer and marketer of fashionable, functional accessories. We introduced the original foam-cushioned slipper in 1947, and today our flagship Dearfoams® brand slippers and baggallini® handbags and travel accessories are sold through most retail channels. While our growing brand portfolio, unique understanding of the accessories retailer and consumer and long history of innovation and design excellence are important, the real secret of our success lies in attracting, developing and energizing the very best people.
- Understanding the scope of a project and articulating ideas
- Developing mood boards, sketches and design explorations
- Designing layouts and mock-ups from briefs
- Designing webpages, emails, and digital ads
- Designing logotypes, logos and icons as needed
- Designing print collateral and other offline pieces (packaging, merchandise)
- Working on revisions from design team and departmental feedback
- Creating production ready files for all work
- Presenting completed projects and concepts to the creative team
- Organizing and maintaining file servers
- Pitch a final project that is a collaborative effort between your role and the other creative team interns
- Perform other duties as required
- Education: BA/BS (recent graduate or in progress) in Graphic Design or related field
- Experience: 0-2 years in graphic or web design
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud is a must. (Especially Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Passion and enthusiasm for fashion and social media and an interest in keeping up with the latest trends.
- A can-do attitude, sense of humor, and belief that no task is too big or too small
- Confidence to take initiative
- Ability to retouching and resize images
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment on multiple projects
Does this sound like you? Let us know why we should meet. For consideration, you MUST submit your resume and online portfolio or PDF samples of your work to email@example.com.
RG Barry is firmly committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or veteran status, or physical or mental disability.