Partner with The Creative Director and the other graphic designers to implement the overall policies, goals and procedures for the organization’s marketing strategy on all media including print, retail and digital. Ensure cohesive branding across all media and promotions is present; implement the creative strategy in all print, retail and web media. Brand leader and advocate across the organization.
The individual in this position will work collaboratively with creative, marketing & merchandising team members.
This role requires the ability to work on multiple projects at one time. The impact on the business will be seen across multiple brands, (Cheryl’s Cookies, Mrs. Beasleys & Miss Grace). This role will also impact various areas of the business like, Website, email, social networks, email as well as catalogue and package design.
The ideal candidate for this role should bring a healthy level of competitive spirit to the team and company. Please provide a link to your portfolio and/ or a PDF of your work as an attachment to your application in order to be considered for this opportunity.
- Create digital assets to support business goals by working closely with digital team and ensure assets are turned over timely – email, banners, home pages, SEO banners, etc.
- Make recommendations for keeping site fresh by suggesting alt images
- Ensures outstanding graphics of products are displayed to the customer using image best practices
- Create style sheets for new web design both desktop and mobile
- Design and update seasonally triggered emails
- Creating layouts for print and web catalogs including type treatment
- Brainstorming on catalog strategies and developing new layouts
- Designing direct mail postcards, standalone pieces, letters, FSI, etc.
- Identifying and organizing all information and materials required for design
PACKAGE DESIGN: 15%
- Assisting the packaging designer with designs and layouts.
- Production- Prepping artwork to be sent to the vendor/printer
- Sketching original ideas
- Bring new design concepts and make recommendations to continue to move the brand forward
- Manage inventory of creative assets both print and digital.
- Support the marketing team with other tasks including assisting in creative presentations
- Assist in social media asset needs
- Thorough knowledge of graphics industry with BS or BA in Web Design, Graphic Design or design related discipline
- 2-5 years of graphic print design in a multi-channel direct to consumer environment that includes catalog
- 2-5 years of hands-on experience in designing for ecommerce websites
- Strong knowledge of web and email design, including image optimization, color theory, UI design best practices, various browser compatibility issues and a complete understanding of Web development and production cycle.
- Advanced skills in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat (Creative Cloud Suite)
- Extremely comfortable in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with rapidly changing priorities and a high volume of projects.
- A team player with strong initiative, work ethic, ability to work independently and with an entrepreneurial spirit and excellent organizational skills
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Eye for innovative design and highlight products for direct to consumer business
- Understanding of corporate identity, branding, layout, color theory and typography in both print and digital mediums
Interested? Please apply by clicking link below to apply and providing your resume and your portfolio along with your application: