This role is an integral part of the creative team and works on both digital and print projects including emails, web design, social media, signage, packaging, and creative concepts. The graphic designer will collaborate with both Marketing and Merchandising to create effective B2B and B2C marketing materials that are compelling, on strategy and adhere to brand guidelines. He or she will also manage their workload and prioritize projects based on priority and timing.
The RG Barry Brands creative team is a small, passionate group who thrive on collaboration and teamwork. We are looking for someone who is excited about fashion and design, and is not shy about expressing his or her ideas.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Concepts and designs marketing materials for Dearfoams, and baggallini.
- Prepares art with appropriate composition, layout, and design while adhering to technical specifications for interactive and print.
- Prepares creative presentations and presents to marketing team and cross-functional internal partners when needed.
- Partners with other staff designers as needed. Directs freelancers as needed.
- Reviews and approves proofs and print samples for color, content, accuracy, and quality.
- Maintains awareness of fashion trends and competitors’ offerings as related to consumer marketing and social media.
- Maintains working knowledge of current software programs used for print and digital design.
- Completes assignments in a meticulous, efficient manner while supporting company goals and objectives.
- Organizes and maintains all artwork files.
- Performs other duties as required.
- BS/BA or related 4-year design degree required. (emphasis in graphic design or related).
- 2-4 years agency or in-house experience in graphic design with consumer brands; fashion experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Must possess clean, modern design sense, as well as the ability to apply that sense during the design problem-solving process
- Equally comfortable with print and digital design.
- Programming knowledge a plus.
- Video editing capabilities a plus.
- Packaging design experience a plus.
- Ability to organize and maintain a variety of design development schedules, as well as budgets and design strategies.
- Ability to multitask, manage personal workflow and adhere to deadlines.
- High level of interpersonal skills in working effectively and independently with all levels of management, as well as outside resources.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage projects on a daily basis.
ABOUT RG BARRY BRANDS
A great life happens when fashion and function come together. RG Barry Brands is a family of female-founded brands that is passionate about crafting products to make life easier, more comfortable, and more stylish.
Our products are designed with quality, comfort, and style in mind. We create world-class accessories that fill a need in our consumer’s life, and we are passionate about being with her every step of the way.
At RG Barry Brands, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in an exciting, rapidly growing retail company. Our team members are empowered in their roles and are encouraged to try new things and express their ideas. Because of our smaller size, we have the unique opportunity to react quickly, and we understand that each team member’s contribution is integral to our success.