Title: Graphic Designer Intern Department: Marketing Creative Services
Summary: The Graphic Design Intern performs assigned duties for developing viable design solutions to assigned projects with limited assistance. Solutions must meet project requirements and remain in accordance with Carson-Dellosa style guidelines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Fulfill Image requests to meet requested spec requirements, upload and/or download, and manage distribution as need by sales reps and department personnel
- Upload and/or download design files, print mock-ups and copies as need to support team when requested, and export files correctly based on end use and need. Scan markups and save to servers.
- Create design pieces that meet marketing objectives, reinforcing the Carson-Dellosa brand and corporate image. Projects include advertisements, social media images, catalogs, flyers, promotional pieces, sales support, such as fulfilling image requests, and other materials as necessary.
- Maintain file organization and archives; keeping the servers up-to-date on a daily basis.
- Perform quality control on all documents prior to routing for approval, including but not limited to: checking overall layout, ensuring images are properly placed, text is aligned consistently, and fonts are used in a consistent and complimentary manner, and run spell check.
Education, Experience and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree or nearing completion of design program and be in good academic standing
- Experience in designing for digital media, is a plus
- Knowledge of intermediate HTML & CSS skills, is a plus
- Ability to work well within the team, other departments, and external agencies.
- Ability to multi-task within deadline-oriented environment.
- Possess strong communication skills and ability to utilize technology for other offices, departments, agencies, etc.
- Competent in the operation of office and graphic designing software.