Upward, one of the region’s fastest growing digital agencies, is seeking a highly creative individual who has the talent and experience to design for both traditional and digital environments, elevating user experiences at all touch points. Our ideal candidate possess the ability to articulate research and strategy into thoughtful and unique creative from concept to completion.
As a designer with Upward, you will create concepts, comps, layouts and final art, focusing on compelling traditional and digital experiences through branding, environmental design, campaign theming, data visualization and infographics, websites and online digital campaigns. The ideal candidate will have 3-7 years of experience, with a passion for digital and UX design.
- Strong visual, communication and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability and sound design judgement through a well-curated portfolio of work
- Understanding of color theory and strong typographic skills
- Up-to-date knowledge of industry trends
- Eagerness and passion for participating in ideation and concept design in collaboration with team members
- Meticulous attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability and willingness to receive feedback and direction
- Fluency in Abode Creative Suite; Knowledge of Sketch a plus
- Knowledge of design principles and the latest digital and interactive technologies, as well as an understanding of different digital channels, functionality and user experience requirements
- Degree in Graphic or Digital Design
- Experience in UI/UX design is a plus
- An understanding of front end development along with applied experience a plus
- Ability to develop low, medium and high fidelity wireframes and working prototypes a plus
- We work with clients who respect us as partners and strategists.
- We don’t think work-life balance is a buzzword, it’s a philosophy we practice every day.
- We are inclusive, positive, passionate, innovative, down-to-earth, and we work hard.
- We believe in doing great work at an appropriate pace.
- We encourage professional development through industry association and group memberships, conferences and online learning opportunities.
- We foster an environment that nurtures team members who are motivated and driven to always be learning.
- We believe in a casual, yet energized, work environment.
- We offer competitive compensation, paid holidays and PTO.
- We offer competitive health insurance and 401k programs.