If you’re looking for a traditional human resources position at a traditional company – this is not it. This is an opportunity to join an already locally and nationally recognized “Best Place to Work,” and make it even better. The successful candidate will focus on building and retaining a great team – and contributing to a strong and collaborative culture.
In this position, the Human Resources Director will work with senior leaders to drive key initiatives designed to attract and retain a changing workforce, while balancing the needs of our business. The successful candidate will also lead the human resources team, manage corporate benefits, and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Aligns with the executive team to achieve a big vision, and models behavior accordingly
- Drives and makes recommendations for maximizing a “Best Place to Work” culture through human resources/talent initiatives
- Leads talent acquisition (recruiting) efforts across Fahlgren Mortine and its subsidiary, including all locations
- Manages pre-employment/onboarding
- Collaborates with executive team to develop best-in-class talent retention initiatives
- Maintains responsibility for the implementation and success of these programs; embraces the opportunity to work with all levels of the organization to design, implement and measure
- Brings forward recommendations that advance the agency’s standing in the eyes of its clients, employees, potential associates and communities in which it operates
- Leads rewards and recognition programs
- Responsible for benefits administration
- Responsible for the agency’s performance management system (employee engagement, performance improvement, goal setting, feedback and evaluation, and employee relations)
- Leads and champions professional development and training initiatives including administration of Fahlgren Mortine University (in-house training and development curriculum)
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation in multiple states; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Oversees and/or conducts all employee investigations
- Works with appropriate partners to resolve complex human resources matters
- Ensures company policies are up-to-date and documentation is in place (handbook and related materials, state-specific policies, reporting, labor law posters, etc).
- Works with CEO and CFO to drive compensation administration
- Works with holding company partners to develop and negotiate benefits offerings
- More than 10 years of talent and benefits management experience in a high-energy, fast-paced environment comprised of multiple office locations; agency experience is a plus
- Management of a team that works collaboratively together to achieve impact
- Demonstrated successes in recruiting and retaining high-performing employees
- Competency in developing, writing and implementing policies as it relates to human resources laws and compliance across multiple states
- Proven expertise in evolving established programs to become breakthrough initiatives
- Comfortable presenting in all-agency meetings, and leading groups through conflict to resolution
- Strong sense of urgency accompanied by a “roll-up-your-sleeves” approach
- S. or equivalent in business, human resources or related field required; master’s degree in business, human resources or organizational development is a plus
- Minimal travel required
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements for this position here: https://careers-fahlgrenmortine.icims.com/jobs/1435/human-resources-director/job Please, no phone calls. Relocation assistance will not be provided. Fahlgren Mortine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.