We’re IGS Energy – a team of people that’s passionate about fighting climate change and promoting sustainability and energy independence. IGS Energy isn’t an average company. We’re one of the best places to work in Columbus (we have the awards to show it), and we supply green electricity and carbon-neutral natural gas to homeowners and businesses across the U.S.
We are fresh off a comprehensive rebrand, and we’re looking for a creative thinker with excellent writing skills to help us elevate our work as our Lead Copywriter. We need someone that can write on-point, well crafted, grammatically correct copy. The Lead Copywriter will write and direct copy for a variety of projects, work closely with other members of the creative team, collaborate with project managers to brainstorm ideas, create concepts, develop messaging and deliver compelling, effective assets.
Here’s what we need from you:
- Serve as the voice of IGS Energy to customers and potential customers, conceptualizing and writing copy for IGS.com, direct mail, press and internal communications, social media channels, local and national advertising, and any other marketing needs of the business. Ability to write short copy and long-form content.
- Contribute to the development of our content strategy. A problem solver with a knack for simplifying complex ideas.
- Develop marketing copy concepts and work with designers to execute campaign concepts.
- The Lead Copywriter will be a working leader; responsible for leading creative brainstorming, driving creative concepting, and doing their own execution of concepts and projects.
- Oversee the copy team which includes copywriters, editors and freelance resources;managing the copywriting process from concept to completion.
- Develop and evolve our brand standards and overall voice with creative leads and our brand team. Taking our brand voice and driving it through all our communication channels and business lines.
- Assess projects and provide recommendations on the scope and type of copywriting support needed.
- Identify and address opportunities for technical growth and development of your team members. This may include the development of career paths, providing mentorship and continuing education, and contributing to and nurturing team morale.
Traits we’re looking for:
- A creative personality that you’re not afraid to show off.
- A person who is energized by working in a collaborative, fast, team-based environment.
- A passion for clean energy, the fight against climate change, and the environment. We want someone who knows that climate change is a real threat and is ready to stand up to do something about it.
- Someone that has the ability to communicate complex topics in ways that are relatable and understandable for our readers.
- A storyteller who knows how to create clear, concise, and human-centered content, with empathy for readers and a curiosity to understand their wants and needs.
- Someone who can create competitive copy that is convincing and drives more customers to source their energy needs from us.
- A researcher who can sift through data created by internal teams, sales reps, industry analyses, and market research to develop copy that translates and validates our positioning into polished, engaging content for specific audiences.
- A solid understanding of creative development—from drafting briefs to executing deliverables.
- Social expertise, along with the ability to concept, create, and develop nurture and awareness campaigns.
- The ability to clearly and creatively communicate the value and benefits of IGS’ productsto customers. Experience with simplifying complicated topics in a compelling way.
- A person who is generally approachable and easy to work with. Our marketing team is a big fun group and you’ll be engaging in a lot of teamwork.
- Someone who stays up to date with current culture, trends, and creative ideas. Research new trends as it relates to industry and projects and share ideas with team members along the way.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- 7+ years of copywriting, editing, and proofreading experience at an ad agency or in-house creative department; working on multiple brands.
- Experience writing copy for all stages of the customer journey.
- Experience telling compelling stories for complex product or industry.
- Well-versed with writing high-quality copy that is SEO-friendly.
- 3+ years of experience leading, managing, and influencing the work of other copywriters.
If you think you’re a great fit based on the qualifications above, use this link to apply:
At this time, IGS Energy is hiring people in the following states:
Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington (State), West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.If your state is not listed, but you are imminently moving to a state where we are hiring, please apply. You will receive instructions once your application is submitted.