As the Marketing & Communications Coordinator you are all in when it comes to the intricacies of communications strategy, planning and execution. You are driven by a service mindset to produce high quality deliverables that inspire and engage stakeholders. You have a passion for storytelling in all forms – and always with an empathic approach. You are confident and flexible to adapt to unplanned situations of any size with optimism. You simplify the complex and make it look fun and easy
Communications, Marketing & Brand Support
- Manage implementation of the strategic communications and marketing plan and calendar with direction of the Chief Advancement Officer.
- Ensure the consistency of brand messaging internally and externally.
- Create and edit media and communications materials regularly.
- Build and cultivate relationships with media, designers, videographers, communications consultants, and key influencers.
- May manage volunteers; point of contact for vendors
Storytelling, Publication & Media
- Develop and concept brochures, flyers, team specific collateral as needed.
- Create forms and other pieces for distribution on a semi-regular and/or annual basis.
- Manage organization-wide collateral; implement systems for reviewing and updating regular and annual pieces.
- Create and produce content for external purposes to tell FHF stories; including but not limited to overseeing the production of annual Impact Repor
- Manage and implement digital, web, and social media presence to ensure consistency in tone, brand, and updates, including generating, editing and publishing engaging content.
- Manage and distribute monthly e-newsletters: write and edit content, manage email list
- Manage and implement a strategic social media plan on all mediums. Apply appropriate social media trends that elevate FHF’s presence and align with the values of the organization.
- Support the collection, curating, and social posting of program experience photos.
- Track social media analytics.
- Draft media releases/advisories and pitch earned media stories to relevant media outlets
- Write and submit award nominations to bolster FHF in the community.
- Document and analyze data and outcomes related to communications statistics for grants and other project reports Development / Impact Messaging
- Assist in developing communications strategy to special events. Create script and messaging for event program as needed.
- Create and coordinate event marketing messaging throughout the year.
- Coordinate annual appeal content and production process. Administrative Support for Communications Team
- Support the executive administrative needs and manage logistics for the DevComm team through managing collateral inventory, email management, form revisions and project support as appropriate while using independent judgement and discretion.
Required Skills & Experience
- 2-3 years marketing communications experience in a nonprofit or agency setting
- Ability to communicate effectively via phone, email and in person
- Proficient editing and writing skills • Working knowledge of InDesign
- Strong understanding of brand management
- Ability to work cross-functionally with a variety of teams
- Experience in CMS and social media management tools and platform