Position: Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Schedule: 15-20 hrs per week
Reports to: Executive Director
About Us: At Seeds of Caring, we believe in the power of kindness and the capacity for kids to change our world. We empower children ages 2 to 12 – our future leaders – to work for the change they want to see by engaging them in service, social action, and community-building. Our various in-person and anywhere volunteer programs enable families, schools, and other groups to nurture a commitment to kindness, build bridges across our community, and collectively work toward a brighter, better tomorrow.
Position Summary: Seeds of Caring seeks an innovative and dedicated Marketing Coordinator to join our team and help advance our mission during an exciting period of growth. Seeds of Caring’s work has always been rooted in connecting kids and families to their community through service, social action, and community building programs. In response to the pandemic, Seeds of Caring developed new program delivery models that allow us to more effectively meet the needs of families, groups, classrooms, scout troops, and more – and we’re excited to spread the word! As the Marketing Coordinator, you will work closely with the board marketing committee and Executive Director to implement a strategic marketing plan, growing awareness and impact for Seeds of Caring and getting us one step closer to our vision of a kinder, more connected community- led by our youngest generation
What you’ll do:
- Lead forward a developed marketing plan with the support of marketing committee volunteers, thereby expanding Seeds of Caring’s mission and impact
- Identify, develop, and execute marketing campaigns and communications strategies to engage family and child group participants in Seeds of Caring’s programming.
- Design, create and maintain select marketing and programmatic materials, both print and digital. Uphold brand standards and consistency in all projects.
- Develop storytelling content to advance Seeds of Caring’s vision
- Develop and implement annual editorial content calendar and social media engagement strategies. Lead social media content development with support of the programs team.
- Raise awareness for Seeds of Caring by seeking out and managing influencer relations, earned media opportunities, and community engagement opportunities.
- Set success metrics and track data to determine effectiveness of various marketing & communications strategies and tactics.
- Work closely with the marketing committee to identify key strengths of members, recruit additional volunteers for marketing projects, and oversee tactical work of marketing volunteers.
- Attend occasional events, including Seeds of Caring programs, community networking events, and more.
- Other duties as requested
About you: You should have a passion for working to help create a kinder community, be detail-oriented, and have the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment. Qualifications and competencies we are looking for include:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2-5 years experience in marketing/communications or related field
- Strong communication, writing, and design/layout skills are essential
- Adept at building new community connections and maintaining a strong public presence- articulate and energetic with the ability to inspire others to action
- Highly organized and creative, with excellent project and time-management skills
- Committed to the mission of Seeds of Caring and creating a kinder, more connected community – led by our youngest generation
- Self-starter with a willingness and desire to be a flexible team player within a collaborative work culture
- Experience with marketing & communications tools including Mailchimp, Canva, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Squarespace or other similar platforms
Why Seeds of Caring: Our energetic, dedicated team is determined to transform our community and we are looking for more teammates to help us achieve this! With a deep-held commitment to the Seeds of Caring mission, we embody these core values, and it is important that new team members do too:
- Make the biggest difference. Every day. We are detailed, accountable, and possess a “can do” attitude, striving to continually increase our impact.
- Stronger together. We practice every voice belonging at the table- from participants to community partners to donors. We believe that together we make the difference, and achieve this through shared goals and mutual support.
- Embrace gratitude. To keep us grounded, we pause to reflect, show appreciation for others, honor our shared humanity, and keep kindness at our center.
- Always ask. Always grow. We embrace innovation, creativity and continuous improvement, seeing every challenge as an opportunity.
- Lead with integrity. We operate ethically, openly, and thoughtfully in all that we do.
What we provide:
- the position is paid $20-24/hour depending on experience
- generous PTO policy
- mission-driven, collaborative team striving to make the biggest difference every day
- professional development opportunities
How to apply: Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Brandy@seedsofcaring.org by August 24.
Seeds of Caring is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe in providing opportunities to candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. We will do this by complying with all applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. This job description is designed to be a good representation of the job requirements but is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship. Candidates will be required to undergo a criminal background check prior to hire.