The Marketing Copywriter is the voice of Carson Dellosa Education. In this role, you constantly demonstrate passion, creativity, and an excitement for telling our company’s marketing and product stories. You will support a variety of marketing programs, in both digital and print formats. Curious and inquisitive, you seek to understand our customers and our products so you can craft compelling stories that are on-target for each of our audiences. You have a gift for words and understand that copywriting is part art and part science, and you are eager to learn about, and implement, new marketing and SEO writing best practices. You are social-media savvy, and work in a fast-paced environment, so your role requires strong organizational skills, an eye for detail, and the ability to multitask, and self-edit so your team can deliver error-free work on time.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Write compelling and effective marketing copy for products, catalogs, advertising, email, social media, articles, video scripts— in our brand voice
- Must be able to create and tailor copy for various audiences for both retailer and direct-to-consumer from mobile to desktop to SMS to email and ensure copy is search engine optimized.
- Know the audience. Use best marketing copy practices, identifying and adjusting when necessary to fit the end user, or particular type of product.
- Develop, maintain, and ensure a consistent positioning of brand voice for all audiences and market segments
- Manage the delivery and creation of clear, compelling, customer-centric communication pieces that bring the Carson Dellosa Education brand to life
- Ensure that all copy material is error-free, relevant, grammatically correct and meets marketing objectives and reinforces the Carson Dellosa Education brands while adhering to campaign/s and/or specific requirements and across many platforms and channels.
- Become an internal expert on SEO writing. Identify and ensure the correct and most effective keywords are used in all digital copy. Ensure best SEO practices are used in creation of marketing copy content.
- Seek out and engage to continuously learn, grow, and look for ways to create cutting-edge marketing copy.
- Collaborate directly with the internal marketing team members, other departments, and key stakeholders as necessary to ensure strong, effective, and cross-functional campaign and project execution are created for copy needs.
- Manage work flow and deadlines with the ability to pivot as opportunities happen or priority changes.
- Traffic, schedule, coordinate, and prioritize a high volume of projects across a direct and freelance team.
- Demonstrate a high-level of critical thinking and problem-solving skills when roadblocks arise.
Education, Experience, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in English, journalism, or advertising
- 3+ years of experience in marketing copywriting, preferably in a retail environment
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, and accountable with a quick response to any same-day request or a need to shift priorities
- Ability to multitask, manage time and projects efficiently within a deadline-oriented environment with a positive attitude and good work ethic.
- Must be a team player who is open to receiving and executing feedback, yet able to work independently
- Possess strong communication skills and ability to utilize technology to connect with other offices, departments, agencies, etc.
- Have a keen eye for detail and an excellent understanding of English and grammar; effective and proven writing, editing, and proofreading abilities.
- Solid knowledge of SEO writing and marketing copy best practices
- A mastered level of creating effective marketing copy across various channels and platforms
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Drive
- Understanding of PreK–Grade 8 education and culture is a plus
- Portfolio or sample work required
If you’re interested in applying for this position, please email your resume to our Talent Development team at email@example.com.