Job Title: Marketing Copywriter
Reports to: Director of Creative Services
Direct Reports: None
The Marketing Copywriter is responsible for developing and producing marketing copy and external communications materials. The Marketing Copywriter will exhibit strong writing skills in achieving the highest possible standards for all materials requiring writing in assigned projects and tasks.
- Concept and execute compelling and innovative narratives and messaging across Mid-Ohio Food Collective’s web properties, digital & social media, video, mobile, and audio, print, packaging, and other platforms that connect Mid-Ohio Food Collective to customers, volunteers, and donors.
- Recommends, researches and develops facts, quotes, and scenarios to support creative strategy and execution.
- Provides writing support for creative, advocacy, and communication as well as supporting projects from other departments as demand and scheduling requires.
- Collaborates with departments as needed for specific project objectives.
- Produces and is accountable for the final development of creative assets and ensures accuracy, attention to details and overall meets or exceeds the writing objectives.
- Ensures messaging brand guidelines and directives are embraced and adhered to in all executions.
- Executes writing requests with accuracy, producing zero errors in work (all client edits are implemented correctly, spell check was run, facts were confirmed).
- Supports peers by reviewing work to ensure zero errors in work per above.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills.
- Collaborates with internal clients to achieve desired results.
Education: Undergraduate degree in a relevant field.
- 5 years experience working within a corporate or agency copywriting position.
- Healthcare writing experience preferred.
- Demonstrates proficient expertise in the Microsoft Office as required by the job function.
- Proficiency with AP Manual of Style.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to function collaboratively with team.
- Understanding of digital communications and other media channels.
- Strong presentation and communications skills.
- Understands writing applications in traditional and emerging channels.
- Maintains a consistent voice and audience focus in writing.
- Can “boil down” verbose content to the “essence” of the main message in a concise, effective manner.
- Exhibits consistent quality control in work.
- Exhibits an understanding of specific channels or vertical markets as required by job function.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt style of copy to various audiences, purposes or media.
- Team player with excellent relationship-building skills.
- Operates effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Working Conditions: Normal office environment
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be the principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some associates assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.