Location: Pickerington, OH
Job Benefits: Paid $15/Hour, 20 Hours/Week, 12 Week Summer Program
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working, and passionate photography intern to join our photo studio team in our Columbus office. An interest in fashion and retail is essential, as is a positive, can-do attitude. This is a hands-on internship that provides the opportunity to work directly with the photo studio team on both of RG Barry’s brands: Dearfoams and baggallini. You will work on both ecommerce and marketing projects to gain a thorough understanding of the photography needs at a retail company. Day-to-day tasks will largely focus on assisting in the photo studio and managing a long-term project that you will present to the photo and creative teams at the close of your internship. The skills you hone here will be featured in a collaborative project developed throughout the 12-week duration of the internship program.
About RG Barry Brands
RG Barry Brands is a leading developer and marketer of fashionable, functional accessories. We introduced the original foam-cushioned slipper in 1947, and today our flagship Dearfoams® brand slippers and baggallini® handbags and travel accessories are sold through most retail channels. While our growing brand portfolio, unique understanding of the accessories retailer and consumer and long history of innovation and design excellence are important, the real secret of our success lies in attracting, developing and energizing the very best people.
- Organizing samples
- Helping build and break down sets for ecommerce, marketing, and social media photography
- Photographing product up to standard with proper lighting and styling
- Resize and rename projects for various large retailers, like Kohl’s, Target & Walmart
- Quality check images to make sure they are meeting company standards
- Be able to communicate any issues that arise during the photography process
- Pitch a final project that is a collaborative effort between your role and the other creative team interns
- Perform other duties as required
- Education: BA or BFA(recent graduate or in progress) in Photography or related field
- Experience: 0-2 years of Photography experience
- Energetic and collaborative; able to work in a team environment
- Strong Mac OS, Photoshop, Lightroom, and Capture One skills
- Familiar with Canon camera equipment and studio lighting equipment
- Organized and able to create and maintain a clean file management system
- Attention to detail and a good eye for styling product
- Flexible and used to a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Problem solver
- Action Oriented and able to work independently on multiple projects while staying organized.
- Ability to communicate ideas efficiently and effectively
Does this sound like you? Let us know why we should meet. For consideration, you MUST submit your resume and online portfolio or PDF samples of your work to email@example.com.
RG Barry is firmly committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or veteran status, or physical or mental disability.