Summary: The Sample Quality Control Associate monitors and reviews the quality of incoming and outgoing products we manufacture. They are responsible for conducting product testing, measurements, and color matching to approve product quality, and complete reports on their findings to upload within our Production Management Program and database. This associate will also help with intake and unpacking of shipments on occasion and assist with outgoing shipments and packing when necessary. This is a full time, hourly position in a creative environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform required testing on products, including measurements, color comparison, overall quality, and product wear and damage
- Photograph products to show good and bad quality for use in review forms
- Enter data and photos from review on templated form
- Upload and share form into Production Program
- Review and advise which samples are suitable to send to customers
- Collaborate and work closely with design team to share sample review issues and findings
- Email vendors in response to production issues found in samples
- Order and maintain stock of shipping and office supplies
- Organize and manage storage of samples for sample storage room and display
- Assist in unpacking and packing shipments on occasion
Skills and Capabilities
- Great communication skills — can respond to and write emails that are easy to understand and informative
- Keen eye for colors, attention to detail, an ability to proofread and edit
- Good skills in measuring and converting measurements
- Ability to work quickly and accurately
- Eagerness to learn new skills and grow professionally
- Basic photo skills on phone or camera
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Data entry related to quality control
- Eager to understand product production and printing techniques
- Willingness to learn and follow workflows and processes
- Anime and Pop Culture interest and enthusiasm a plus!
- Experience in sample inspection preferred, but willing to train the right person
- High school graduate, some college preferred
- Interest in anime, movies and entertainment, gaming and pop culture trends is a plus!
- Work on a Mac — Microsoft Office applications required (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel), Adobe (InDesign, Illustrator) experience a plus
- PLM program knowledge and prior use a plus, but not required
About our company: Just Funky is a premiere manufacturer of licensed and private label merchandise for the mainstream retail market. Our goal is to create the most innovative products with unmatched quality. Just Funky takes pride in leading the industry by developing new ideas and being able to translate them to unique products that fans love.