Root was founded on the belief that insurance is a broken industry, and we set out to change it. By getting to the “root” of the issue—the unfair, archaic, complicated insurance business model—and solving it entirely, we set out to transform the insurance world.
We believe our customers deserve insurance that is:
Fair. We lean on data, not demographic labels.
Affordable. We base rates on good driver performance.
Personal. We give our customers the power to affect their rates.
Easy. We create an intuitive experience.
Accessible. We make information clear.
Beyond. We are never, ever satisfied with the status quo.
Root is seeking a proven Senior Content Marketing Manager to develop and execute an effective and efficient multi-channel content strategy. You will ensure that our editorial and social (both organic and paid) content not only speaks to our audience and amplifies our brand in creative and innovative ways, but also delivers against aggressive demand generation, conversion and retention goals. The ideal candidate is innovative, detail-oriented, and passionate about the opportunity to help connect consumers with the Root brand.
Reports to: Director, Marketing
- Define, lead and execute Root’s content marketing strategy and editorial plan to deliver against aggressive business goals.
- Lead and grow the team responsible for activating content on paid and owned channels, delivering a cohesive digital experience for consumers.
- Identify and rapidly iterate on new delivery strategies and formats to expand our content reach.
- Partner with the Creative team and business leaders to create performance-driven content that is on brief, on time and on budget.
- Establish Content KPIs and goals, partnering with the Marketing Analysis team to provide regular leadership updates and recommendations.
- Work seamlessly across the Marketing and Product teams to support integrated campaigns and capitalize on identified opportunities.
Desired Skills and Mindset
- BA/BS in marketing, business, or a related field. Masters degree preferred.
- 7-10 years of proven experience of delivering measurable business impact through content marketing on behalf of established and/or emerging brands.
- Deep knowledge of paid and owned digital media channels and best practices in content creation and cost-effective amplification. Significant experience with designing and deploying an iterative test and learn approach to maximize performance.
- Analytical and data-driven mindset with a proven ability to manage multiple competing (and sometimes shifting) priorities simultaneously.
- Dedicated people leader who can inspire and grow a high performing team. Collaborative leader with a strong ability to work cross-functionally to build alignment and execute marketing plans.
- Maintains a do-what-it-takes attitude and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.