We’re looking for a Sr Designer that utilizes strong conceptual thinking and design knowledge to translate client concepts into design pieces. This role visualizes and develops solutions for products and campaigns, while mentoring team members to achieve project goals.
This Sr Designer follows brand standards and internal workflows to create designs that meet project deliverables in an efficient manner. This opportunity will require strong collaborative skills to meet deadlines, ensure feasibility of designs, while talking your partners through the thinking behind your work.The role will be responsible for design work on our local, regional and national accounts. Our work ranges from digital + websites to environmental, print, video, branding identity systems, and more.
WHAT YOU DO
- Propose visual ideas and the visual creative expression of entire campaigns
- Adapt to change + handle multiple, competing priorities, while demonstrating excellent time management skills
- Have excellent presentation skills + can independently drive client presentations and lead the presentation of our creative work, generating excitement about the work or idea
- Showcase a passion for design craft, innovation, graphic applications, prints, processes + tools
- Are proficient in Adobe CC and comfortable working within new digital spaces
- Show a passion for leadership, mentoring + coaching, while learning how to be a leader to eventually grow into a manager role
- Embrace diverse points of view while fostering an environment of inclusivity
- Determine material design, layout, and formatting for all marketing content. Designs may integrate typographic, photographic, illustrative and video content
- Produce high-quality designs that will contribute to a wide variety of marketing projects, which may take the form of brochures, catalogs, environmental design, apparel design, Power Point presentations, direct mail, trade show designs, social media content, and web/mobile site design – generally an all around rockstar – no pressure
- Can work independently + as a team with talented Copywriters, + other Designers
- Interpret creative direction, follow brand tone + style guides, + maintain a learner’s mindset
- Have exceptional communication abilities and are able to be the consistent voice across the entire lifecycle of a project
- Leads project meetings to understand concept, timelines, objectives and specifications
- Communicate the ‘why’ and rationale behind feedback and decisions to the team and client
- Create presentations, mood-boards + proposals based upon project scope
- Advise Designers and Jr Designers throughout project deliverables
WHO + WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Graphic Design, or relevant combination of education, experience, and training
- 7+ years of graphic design experience in agency or in-house setting
- A person who takes action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
- Solid knowledge of brand communication and digital marketing
- A portfolio that reveals an incredible designer w/solid typography skills, that also loves concepts and ideas.
- Among your strengths will be positive energy and attitude , persuasive presentation skills, a “do what it takes to get the job done right” mindset, a vision of creative possibility in virtually any media.
Email email@example.com with your portfolio.