The Senior Designer plays an essential role at FORT—acting as a design lead who is equally comfortable with print and digital, owning projects while delivering work with brilliant creative solutions, exceptional design and smart strategic thinking. We expect our Senior Designers to drive the work by a refined aesthetic, solving complex problems, taking responsibility for the detail, and embracing feedback on projects. They are consistently proactive, accountable and responsive, instantly adapting to any situation.
At FORT, we are dedicated to propelling your career forward by empowering our talent with the expertise, assurance, and resources necessary to produce work that fills you with pride. This work, in turn, adds to the growth and reputation of the business.
- BFA in Graphic Design, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience in design or relevant field
- A remarkable portfolio demonstrating innovative design solutions with a polished aesthetic and outstanding typographic abilities
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbally and in writing, especially focused on pitching, running work-sessions, and articulating and defending design decisions
- Meticulous attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and proficient time management
- Proficiency in translating research and strategic objectives into well-informed solutions
- Strong proficiency in industry-standard software like Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, etc.
- Comfortable working in a small boutique environment, equally adept at collaborative teamwork and independent work.
- Playing an active role in the client team, driving the work from conception through to delivery on multiple workstreams, across a larger client or on multiple smaller projects
- Giving constructive direction and guidance to the designers working with you
- Generating ideas and encouraging others to share and explore their ideas
- Refining your own and others ideas to go beyond the expected
- Making confident design decisions, ensuring you bring others on the journey with you
- Being convincing and influential when presenting ideas and creative work to multiple stakeholders
- Exploring new tools and visual ways to execute ideas
- Seeking and listening to feedback and using it to build on ideas and push the work further
- Sharing your thoughts on the work and how it can be improved
- Partnering and guiding our client’s design team
- Having a strong understanding of the strategy and using this insight to contribute to the work
- Demonstrating commercial awareness on projects by highlighting concerns and proposing solutions surrounding the standard of work being achieved within resourced time
- Actively contributing to Fort’s culture
If you’re interested, send your work & resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org