The Senior Graphic Designer for Petro Hospitality’s in-house marketing agency passionately creates all visual brand expression of the hospitality businesses we manage: Petro Hospitality, Together & Company, Sweet Carrot, Kitties Cakes, High Line Car House and The Fives.
You’re hungry for opportunities that stretch your limits and constantly push yourself to expand your expertise. You never turn down a 36 Days of Type challenge or visiting artist lecture. You thrive on creative energy, respond enthusiastically to spontaneous ideas and requests, and contribute to impromptu brainstorming sessions. You look for opportunities to improve all marketing efforts and take the initiative to present your wildest ideas.
The Senior Graphic Designer is also self-organizing and analytical – able to see the big picture and interpret data to understand how your creative work achieves business objectives and impacts strategy. You oversee design projects from conception to delivery, ensuring that objectives are met and all elements work together to deliver core messages.
The Senior Graphic Designer is collaborative and outgoing, building strong relationships with teammates, departments, executives, consultants, and vendors. The Senior Designer is an excellent communicator who effectively presents work, interprets feedback, manages client expectations, and coaches team members. You consistently meet tight deadlines and keep your teammates accountable for deadlines that impact project timeline.
The responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains brand standards and delivers excellent design solutions for Petro Hospitality, Together & Company, Sweet Carrot, Kittie’s Cakes, High Line Car House, and The Fives.
- Works with Director of Marketing to understand business objectives and deliver effective, omni-channel design solutions. (in-store, digital, web, print, signage, etc.)
- Participates in all phases of the graphic design process, from ideation through final delivery, while managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Communicates with Marketing, Sales and Business Development to understand goals, target audience, core messages and more.
- Collaborates with clients, team members, executives and vendors on projects, tasks and campaign elements.
- Presents ideas, mockups, and design comps in meetings.
- Prepares, submits and manages production of collateral (including sales tools, menus, signage and other branded items) through outside vendors.
- Regularly updates and improves website.
- Provides photo and video direction when needed.
- Constantly stays educated on the latest changes and trends in the art and design realm.
- Supports, enhances and grows the brands.
- Related degree and a minimum of 5 years design experience.
- Ability to operate effectively within both Apple OS X and Windows operating systems
- Proficiency with the latest versions of Creative Cloud (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
- Knowledge of graphic production process, and resources for print, signage, uniform and display materials.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with web design/development, print and/or online marketing disciplines
- Ability to take projects from conception to completion with minimal supervision
- Deadline driven with strong time management skills.
- Skilled in Squarespace, MailChimp, Office 365 (Outlook, SharePoint, OneDrive)
- Agency design experience
- Food or event photography experience
- Videography skills and experience with Adobe Premiere.
- Understanding of marketing and advertising strategy and tactics.
- Able to occasionally work flexible hours; overtime and weekends may be required.
- Experience working with food and restaurant brands.
- Experience with HTML and motion graphics.
- Project Management experience