About the AMA and Job:
Since 1924, the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) has protected the future of motorcycling and promoted the motorcycle lifestyle. AMA members come from all walks of life, and they navigate many different routes on their journey to the same destination – freedom on two wheels.
The AMA is in search of a high-level print and web designer with 7 years of experience and who has demonstrated the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. This position supports the design manager and editorial team at the American Motorcyclist Association.
- PARTICIPATES IN VARIOUS DESIGN PROJECTS FROM CONCEPT TO COMPLETION, WITH GUIDANCE FROM THE DESIGN MANAGER.
- WORKS CLOSELY WITH THE EDITORIAL TEAM TO DEVELOP GRAPHICS AND LAYOUTS FOR BOTH PRINT AND DIGITAL MEDIA.
- USES VARIOUS TECHNIQUES TO CREATE DRAFTS AND PROTOTYPES FOR PRINT MAGAZINE LAYOUTS, MARKETING MATERIALS, ADVERTISEMENTS, IMAGES FOR EMAILS, WEBSITES, SOCIAL CONTENTS, AND PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS.
- LISTENS TO FEEDBACK TO HONE SKILLS AND IMPROVE DESIGN.
- COMMUNICATES WITH EXTERNAL AND INTERNAL CONTACTS INCLUDING MEMBERS, VENDORS, INDUSTRY AND AMA STAFF
- INSTALLATION OF EXHIBITS AND EVENT SIGNAGE
- PERFORMS OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
- ADOBE CREATIVE SUITE
- KNOWLEDGE IN NAVIGATING PROGRAMS INCLUDING ADOBE BRIDGE AND ONLINE THIRD-PARTY PHOTOGRAPHY AND DESIGN SOLUTIONS, SUCH AS BOX AND SMUGMUG, PREFERRED.
- MICROSOFT OUTLOOK, WORD, POWERPOINT AND EXCEL
- ABILITY TO FOLLOW DIRECTIONS AND EXECUTE TO HIGH STANDARDS OF PROFESSIONALISM AND QUALITY
- ORGANIZED WITH AN ATTENTION TO DETAIL IN FAST-PACED ENVIRONMENT
- OPEN TO CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK
- KNOWLEDGE OF THE ELEMENTS OF PHOTOGRAPHY, INCLUDING COMPOSITION, DEPTH-OF-FIELD, TEXTURE, COLOR, TONE, BALANCE, SPACE, PATTERNS, ETC. is perfered
- EXCELLENT COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- EXCELLENT COMPUTER SKILLS
- DEGREE IN COMMUNICATIONS/GRAPHIC DESIGN/MARKETING OR RELATED FIELD
- 5 -7 YEARS OF JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE