Senior Graphic Designer for Organic & Paid Social Media
The Creative Marketing Team at DSW creates strategic and distinct experiences to inspire our customer. DSW Customers are OBSESSED with shoes and we are obsessed with helping them find the perfect pair.
Who We Are Looking For
We’re looking for a Senior Graphic Designer to join the Creative Marketing team. This role will focus on graphic design and content strategy efforts that support our social media platforms, focusing on creating work that is authentic and valuable for our customer. The ideal candidate has their thumb on the pulse of all things social media. They have vision for the platforms and can quickly forecast current, culturally relevant and trending content.
What You Will Work On
You and your team will craft our social media experiences from the ground up. Using your expertise in layout, image selection, photo/video direction, typography & animation to develop work that is on strategy and on brand, raising the creative bar while meeting the needs of our shoe obsessed customers. Maintaining an aesthetic on every project that is consistent with brand visuals and values, while helping push the brand forward.
Your Responsibilities Will Include
- Develops and drives innovative design solutions that support positive growth and performance of DSW’s organic and paid social media initiatives
- Works closely and cross-functionally with Social Media strategy teams, project managers, copywriters, photographers, videpgraphers and creative leadership
- Ability to identify culturally relevant topics/content and create supporting content for various channels
- A mentor to junior designers
- Exceptional design capabilities: imaginative storytelling, beautiful illustration, thoughtful use of type and composition
- Ability to socialize and present creative work in a compelling and persuasive way to cross-functional partners, art directors and creative leadership
- Utilizes outstanding design skills and demonstrates innovation in creating original solutions
- Communicates and presents design concepts; builds presentation materials that successfully communicate design concepts
- Demonstrates expert-level knowledge of current trends and best practices in a social media ecosystem
- Shares knowledge, experience and skill with other design staff; works with design counterparts to ensure continuity across touchpoints
- Operational excellence always: ensure the team delivers high quality work, on time and on budget
Who You Will Work With
Working with copywriters, strategists, project managers, photo/video production teams and directors to ensure social is creatively successful and collaborative. You’ll maintain an organized and efficient production process.
What You Bring
- Passion for the DSW Brand and passion for crafting high-quality work with attention to detail
- You internalize business needs and create work that solves those needs.
- Your approach to design expands beyond aesthetics to include broader goals.
- In a team setting, you understand how to navigate disagreements, and commit.
- Previous social media design experience is a must
- Must present creative portfolio demonstrating previous social media experience
- Extensive knowledge of social media platforms including but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Pinterest, etc
- Strong content creation point of view and proven skills in photo/video direction
- Video editing experience as it relates to social media content
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or design-related equivalent
- 4+ years’ experience in social design for large retail e-commerce or key digital agency experience
- Excellent Adobe Creative Suite skills including AferEffects or Premiere
- Excellent writing and communications experience preferred
- Graphic design experience
- Strong animation/motion graphics & video editing.