About The Columbus Foundation: One of the top 10 largest community foundations in the country, The Columbus Foundation works to strengthen and improve our community through the most effective philanthropy possible. For 75 years, The Columbus Foundation has been a partner and advisor to our donors and nonprofit community in order to improve our region’s collective wellbeing.
Position: Social and Multimedia Manager
Department description: The Communications and Marketing team is responsible for upholding and furthering the Foundation’s brand and business goals through digital and print communications, public and media relations, brand strategy, advertising, and event support.
Position description: The Communications and Marketing department is seeking a highly skilled creative manager to animate the Foundation brand through social and multimedia content. The successful candidate will be a flexible and energetic digital maven who brings a fresh and smart lens to audience engagement. The ability to envision new ways of storytelling will be just as important as the ability to execute those ideas. The right candidate will bring a collaborative spirit to the work, sharing ideas and working with Foundation colleagues to create compelling and memorable content for our audiences.
Social Media Management
- Manage Foundation social channels, producing and delivering high quality content across platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn
- Act as brand steward on social properties, monitoring and responding to audience comments and messages in a timely and appropriate manner
- Develop and execute comprehensive social campaigns to support Foundation initiatives; experience running paid campaigns a plus
- Develop monthly content calendar and provide monthly performance reports on social KPIs with recommendations for optimization
- Manage social media intern, determining work assignments and ensuring adherence to brand standards and tone of voice
- Develop and execute creative and innovative ways to tell the stories of the Foundation, its donors, and its community partners through a multimedia lens
- Work closely with Communications and Marketing colleagues to ensure creative aligns with content strategy and develop distribution plans for maximum impact
Digital Asset Management
- Work across departments to implement digital asset management system
- Develop file storage policy and protocol for multimedia assets
- Oversee organization and archiving of media files
- Act as lead creative for Foundation initiatives and events, developing creative plans and executing tactics, including photo, video and social streams
- Coordinate with external vendors and manage relationships as needed
- Assist in developing and/or editing web graphics, as needed
- Monitor evolving digital trends and identify opportunities to leverage trends to enhance brand relevancy and reputation
Skills and experience:
- 5+ years of experience in social media management and multimedia production
- Strong experience with social monitoring and listening tools
- 3+ years of experience working in photography and videography
- Experience with Adobe CS programs
- Flexibility to quickly transition roles and responsibilities
- Ability to balance creative ideas with thoughtful and thorough understanding of brand
To apply, send letter of interest (including salary requirements), portfolio, and resume no later than Monday, September 2 to Pam Straker, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com. Learn more.