Location: Pickerington, OH
Job Benefits: Paid $15/Hour, 20 Hours/Week, 12 Week Summer Program
This is a hands-on internship that provides the opportunity to work directly with the creative team and social media team to produce content for our brands: Dearfoams and baggallini. You will help create content by assisting with photography, graphic design, photoshoot production, styling, and copywriting. The social creative intern will also take the lead on trend-watching and brainstorming. The skills you hone here will be featured in a collaborative project developed throughout the 12-week duration of the internship program. An interest in fashion and retail is essential, as is a positive, can-do attitude.
About RG Barry Brands
RG Barry Brands is a leading developer and marketer of fashionable, functional accessories. We introduced the original foam-cushioned slipper in 1947, and today our flagship Dearfoams® brand slippers and baggallini® handbags and travel accessories are sold through most retail channels. While our growing brand portfolio, unique understanding of the accessories retail market and consumer and long history of innovation and design excellence are important, the real secret of our success lies in attracting, developing and energizing the very best people.
- Monitor and report social media trends in the fashion/retail industry and across all industries
- Assist creative team with social media content creation
- Improve and grow social media presence for both brands across various platforms
- Identify, monitor, learn, and experiment with new social media content strategies
- Pitch a final project that is a collaborative effort between your role and the other creative team interns
- Perform other duties as required
- Education: BA/BFA (completed or in progress), preferably in a creative field
- Experience: 0-2 years of social media, marketing, photography or design experience
- Enthusiasm for social media and an interest in keeping up with the latest trends
- A can-do attitude, sense of humor, and belief that no task is too big or too small
- Experience with photography and design, and a passion for both
- Confidence to take initiative
- Understanding of popular social media platforms, with a focus on Instagram and Facebook
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Cloud (primarily Photoshop and Bridge)
- Ability to successfully handle multiple projects and deadlines
What You Will Gain:
- Experience working directly with the creative team, brand marketing managers and e-commerce team.
- Hands-on experience working on a business’s social media calendar and campaigns.
- Knowledge of the inner-workings of a retail marketing department; from pitching ideas to planning content to participating in art reviews to publishing final art and copy.
- Ability to use published, real-world, social media content in your portfolio.
Does this sound like you? Let us know why we should meet. For consideration, submit your resume and online portfolio or PDF samples of your work to email@example.com.
RG Barry is firmly committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or veteran status, or physical or mental disability.