The Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption is a national nonprofit public charity dedicated to finding permanent homes for the more than 140,000 children waiting in North America’s foster care systems. Created by Wendy’s® founder Dave Thomas, who was adopted, the Foundation implements evidence-based, results-driven national service programs, foster care adoption awareness campaigns and innovative grantmaking. The Foundation has an opening for a full-time social media coordinator.
With support from the manager of digital communications, the social media coordinator will collaborate with internal and external audiences to increase awareness of and financial support for the Foundation. The social media coordinator will be a strong writer who develops clear and compelling content to be shared across various channels.
- Experience utilizing best practices in digital communications to advance an organization’s mission and goals.
- Success managing social media communities and/or contributing content frequently, utilizing various channels and management tools strategically, and succinctly translating analytics into action-oriented information
- Undergraduate degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field
- 2–4 years of experience in digital communications or social media management
- Experience in a consulting agency and/or a national nonprofit organization is a plus