A Sr. Art Director at Mindstream is part of a cross-disciplinary team responsible for crafting exceptional brand experiences. Equal parts imaginative and analytical, they possess quick creative thinking abilities paired with strong attention to detail. They are confident, yet adaptable. They produce work that is beautiful, yet usable. They are masters of balance.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for leading, coaching, and collaborating with project teams from ideation through execution. We expect this role to be ready to jump in where needed, helping with current projects, growing existing client relationships and fueling new business.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and inspire the teams to foster a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability
- Identify how business strategies can come to life through creative opportunities that span multiple channels
- Develop creative ideas, concepts, campaigns and insights that drive or inspire action
- Carry strong influence through the creative process having the ability to give direction and push conceptual thinking
- Facilitate brainstorming sessions and design-thinking workshops both internally and externally
- Roll up your sleeves and work alongside the team (we’re all hands on here)
- Review all key project deliverables and creative briefs to assure correct level of quality in terms of project aspiration & consistency
- Anticipate challenges as well as help to identify solutions
- Have a passion for and awareness of emerging trends/best practices
- Lead scoping and definition efforts around deliverables around partner engagements
- Interact directly with clients, partner agencies and vendors to foster external and internal team relationships
- Encourage team success through collaboration with other practices (UX, Development, Account Service, etc.)
What you need to have:
- Strong, impressive portfolio
- 3+ years in a creative leadership role crafting brand experiences–a mix of traditional, digital and social experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of experience
- Solid working knowledge of the latest versions of Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, etc.
- Experience in managing and mentoring a team of Art Directors and Writers
- Ability to provide clear creative direction in a productive, timely manner to the teams
- Ability to ideate and share rough concepts using pen and paper; Illustration skills are a plus.
- Proven experience with higher-fidelity asset development covering photography or videography content creation.
- Strong knowledge of the production process
- Proven ability to multi-task and solve challenges across multiple projects with at times demanding deadlines
- Great attitude; self-motivated; professional demeanor
- Ability to receive and provide constructive criticism – big egos are not welcome
- Excellent communication style, both written and verbal
- Experience producing video content across multiple platforms