Position OverviewThis position will report to the Enterprise Sales & Service Business Office, assigned to the Sales & Service Platform (EDGE) project. As a Senior Experience Designer, your focus will be on the new Salesforce CRM application. This role is expected to have working experience with design thinking, application design, user experience, user testing, and agile UX. You will work directly with our Salesforce Product Owners and Experience Design Lead to create engaging designs that reflect business requirements, support user needs, and are technically feasible.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Consult & collaborate with agile crew members to understand goals
- Conduct or assist with user research and testing
- Analyze user feedback, iterating to enhance the user experience
- Create wireframes, storyboards, sitemaps and screen flows
- Utilize established personas and usage scenarios to inform design decisions
Value Added Experience
- Excellent communication, time-management and process management skills
- Creativity, passion, and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of the lifecycle development process
- Knowledge of Salesforce and Salesforce Lightning Design system preferred
- Experience working with Sketch, Photoshop and/or Adobe Creative Cloud preferred
- Experience working with InVision (for prototyping) and InVision Design System Manager (for managing the pattern library and UI Kit) preferred
- Previous experience in designing for financial institutions preferred
- Transforms tasks into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs through the entire experience lifecycle, from the first-time user to the expert.
- Discover customer and business needs through contextual inquiries, and generative and quantitative research, and identify solutions to meet those needs..
- Influence the design direction and strategy. Executes visual, information, interaction, and service design elements of the initiative that meets business and customer needs and delights customers. Communicate the initiative and product to others (Business Partners) through user journeys, storyboards, prototypes, wireframes, and other materials.
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products, and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Conduct research studies and present findings that will inform improvements in the customer experience. May help establish research methods and strategies.
PNC Employees take pride in our reputation and to continue building upon that we expect our employees to be:
- Customer Focused – Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
- Managing Risk – Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC’s Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
CompetenciesBusiness Analytics – Knowledge of technologies, techniques and practices for the evaluation of business performance data; ability to analyze business performance using advanced statistical methods to justify and drive future business planning decisions.
Creativity – Knowledge of the approaches, tools, and techniques for promoting creative, original thinking and ability to apply it to a variety of business situations.
Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Graphic Visualization – Knowledge of visualization tools and techniques and ability to create visual images of ideas, concepts and physical objects to communicate abstract or concrete messages to a target audience.
Group Facilitation – Ability to design and facilitate a group process, elicit contributions from group members, stimulate a focused group discussion, and achieve a desired outcome.
Product Development Life Cycle – Knowledge of and the ability to develop products and bring them into the marketplace.
Requirements Analysis – Knowledge of methods and techniques to elicit, analyze and record required business functionality and non-functionality requirements; ability to analyze these requirements to ensure the success of a system or software development project.
Solutions Development – Knowledge of and the ability to assess customer needs and provide solutions for them.
User Experience Design – Knowledge of user experience design tools, techniques and approaches; ability to design applications that are valued, positively perceived and used by clients.
User Interface Design – Knowledge of activities, practices, deliverables and considerations; ability to design effective graphic user interfaces for delivery of information to the client’s desktop workstation.
Work ExperienceRoles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Disability Accommodations Statement: The PNC workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the PNC Careers website or submission process, please call 877-968-7762 and select Option 4: Recruiting or contact us via email at email@example.com.
The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday – Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.
Apply for the Sr. Experience Designer position
For more than 160 years, we have been committed to supporting our customers, communities, employees and shareholders. At PNC, we are proud of our longstanding history of building strong communities that create financial opportunities for individuals, families and businesses.
The commitment to creating a differentiated experience for our customers is driven by our commitment to doing the same for our employees. That means providing employees with the opportunities to make an impact, develop and grow, and be part of an inclusive culture where everyone is valued. It’s how we make sure that we have the right people, in the right roles, doing their best work for our customers.
PNC also offers customers – from individuals and small businesses, to corporations and government entities – a wide range of products and services. No matter how simple or complicated your needs, we’re sure to have the products, knowledge and resources necessary to help you meet your financial goals.
Apply for the Sr. Experience Designer position