Applicants must be available to attend the FITCH Talent Trials in early November.
About the Program
FITCH Columbus is seeking talent year-round for our dynamic intern program. These paid internships last approximately three to four months, depending on the time of year and school schedule and / or program. There are two to three positions available per term. All candidates must be either current students or recent grads. Current students must have completed a minimum of 3 semesters or equivalent in their program and should have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs with experience using a variety of Creative Suite programs a plus.
Our ideal strategy candidates have portfolios that represent how design research and strategy influenced creative output, excellent communication skills, and a strong desire to learn as much as they can about design at a global agency level. Successful candidates will be knowledgeable and passionate about what FITCH does, aware of new trends and techniques, and jump into our work culture with a positive attitude and lots of flexibility. Our goal is to find individuals who have a desire to dig deeper into strategic design thinking based on academic experiences to date.
Be the future strategic and creative hero of the business. The Intern role is one of the most valued in our studio as we only recruit the brightest, most creative, strategic, curious and ambitious individuals. From day one you will work on multiple projects at various stages, which offers the opportunity to build your technical skills while shadowing a senior-level associate who can provide mentoring on how to manage client demands and project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
Professional & Technical Experience
- Students in their third, fourth or fifth year of college or those that graduated within the last year
- Pursuing a degree in Interior Design, Digital Design, Visual Communication or equivalent discipline
- A killer passion for how design research and thinking influences the creative process
- Ability to find, distill and summarize consumer, market and retail trends
- Comfortable storyboarding presentations based on input from multi-disciplinary team members
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (creative suite packages a bonus)
- Willingness to receive direction and work on a variety of tasks while meeting specified timelines
Please attach a PDF of a resume and either a curated PDF of work or digital link to your portfolio.
Within your cover letter please include why you choose to apply to FITCH and what motivates you in your work/student life (100 words max). As well as answer one of the following questions (300 words max):
- What do you think is the cultural or consumer trend – niche or mainstream – that will define the future of retail?
- Which brick-and-mortar store would you redesign and why?