MKSK is a landscape architecture, urban design, graphic design and planning firm known for creative solutions addressing economic, social, environmental, historical, and cultural challenges within our cities. Our 100+ person team of Landscape Architects, Urban Planners and Graphic Designers work throughout the Midwest and Southeast Regions from 8 offices in 6 states.
Our niche is transforming spaces into highly usable places that inspire and create lasting impressions. Our clients include cities, development organizations, higher education, hospitals, transportation agencies, Fortune 500 companies, developers, and architects. Our projects include planning and design for downtowns, river/waterfronts, neighborhoods, cultural and campus environments.
Our Columbus office, which is home to the firm’s growing environmental graphic design studio is seeking a talented and experienced Studio Leader. With the intention of broadening our studio offering, we are seeking an experienced visionary and strategic designer interested in leading business development efforts. Must have demonstrated experience and skills in innovative problem solving, wayfinding, user-centered methods and proposal writing. The successful candidate brings a mix of design thinking, marketing and business understanding to the position. The studio currently works on a wide range of projects including brand development and identity design, wayfinding, interpretive signage, interior environmental design, experiential concepting and placemaking.
MKSK offers competitive salary and benefits, and we emphasize workplace flexibility. We understand the need to balance work and life and offer flex hours to accommodate family responsibilities. Please apply by submitting a cover letter, resume, and portfolio to Cody Holland at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Leading business development efforts and working directly with clients, the environmental graphics studio, firm principals and staff to secure work.
- Designing, planning and strategizing brand systems, identities, wayfinding systems, signage, branded environments, experiential and placemaking opportunities.
- Contributing to the planning and design of graphics for Landscape Architecture, Urban Design and Planning teams, as well the Business Development and Marketing team as needed.
- Contributing towards designing a better human centered environment.
- Will be engaged in every aspect of a project, from business development and concept ideation, to development, design, and implementation. The right candidate will be essential to our team and have an opportunity to define their role as the studio develops.
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop MS Office and Windows OS experience
- Strong design/layout abilities, comprehensive typography perspective along with iterative problem solving
- Business Development experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills, the ability to multi-task and time management skills
- SketchUp or Revit program knowledge/experience (not required, but appreciated)
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or related field Master’s degree in Environmental Graphic Design or related field desired 15 + years of professional design experience
We are an equal opportunity employer.