Express is the vibrant, confident lifestyle brand for ambitious people, providing the latest fashion for style-obsessed men and women since 1980. Our mission is to provide inspiration and confidence through fashion to help people get to what’s next in their day, and their lives. With more than 600 retail and outlet stores throughout the United States, Puerto Rico and Latin America, and a best-in-class online/mobile shopping experience at www.express.com, Express brings city-inspired style to customers across the globe.
Click to Apply
A Workplace To MatchWe think you’ll like it here.We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, generous associate discount, and casual work environment. Working at Express is much more than the 9 to 5. It is an opportunity to connect and engage with some of the smartest individuals in the fashion business doing work they are passionate about . This is the Express Life and we’re always looking for talented leaders at all levels to join our team; if this sounds like you, we’d love to chat!ResponsibilitiesJob Summary The eCommerce team at Express is continuing to grow and we are on a mission to create amazing fashion experiences that are digitally seamless for our customers. We are looking for a talented UI Designer to join our mission and be a key player in shaping the digital future at Express.The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.The ideal candidate will have a passion for user-centered design, a solid understanding of the fashion business and a visionary approach while being flexible and able to thrive in an open and collaborative environment.Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Collaborate with product management, user experience and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience.
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- A desire to create moments of “surprise and delight”.
- Creation of prototypes and design interactions.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and senior level stakeholders.
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards.
- Researching interaction design trends & technology trends.
Other essential tasks may occur as directed by your supervisor Job RequirementsList the essential and preferred requirements for this job; including years of experience, education, certifications, skills and abilities
- 3+ years of UI experience.
- A portfolio demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions across mobile and desktop devices.
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps.
- Proficiency in design, wireframing and prototyping tools including Adobe, Sketch, Axure or similar standard tools.
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction.
- Strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques preferring simplistic and elegant solutions aligned to the brand.
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience collaborating directly with engineering and creative to validate designs and align on approach.
- Experience creating and running user tests.
- Champion for user-centered design, the brand and our customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in design or human-centered interaction or related field preferred.
- Experience in retail ecommerce for a fashion retailer.
- Understanding of the fashion business and cycles.
- Experience designing solutions for associate use or integrated customer experiences.
Closing As an equal opportunity employer, Express does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected class. Express only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.Notification to Agencies: Please note that Express does not accept unsolicited resumes or calls from third-party recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement and approval from HR to submit resumes for a specific requisition, Express will not consider or approve payment to any third-parties for hires made.