State Auto is looking for a User Experience (UX) Lead able to be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. The UX Lead will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with user testing.
- Translate research into user flows, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate the product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for responsive digital products.
- Present strategic design and user-experience findings and recommendations related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Own the UX strategy for assigned product teams in collaboration with other leads and manager.
- Help maintain consistency across all product teams in terms of the overall experience.
- Mentor other designers in UX best practices and standards.
- Educate business partners on UX processes and applications.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in User Centered Design/Human Centered Design, Communication Design, Graphic Design, Interactive Design, or related discipline or equivalent experience required
- 7-12 years of experience in UX design
- Expert knowledge of user experience design planning processes
- Expert information architecture, interaction design, visual design skills on multi-platforms
- Design experience in web, mobile, tablet, and/or desktop software
- Experience relying on analytics and data to shape UX decisions
- Proficiency with design tools (Figma, Invision, and other design software)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships
Communication and Collaboration Skills
Communicates large and complicated concepts to UX and other teammates easily. Is able to adjust communication style to context.