Location: Columbus, OH
Experience: Minimum of 10 years
Required: Relevant agency or in-house marketing/creative team experience and portfolio website upon application. Ability to work in-office at least 4 out of 5 days of the week.
Orange Barrel Media creates and operates iconic urban media displays that advertisers ask for by name in 26 of the top markets in the U.S. Our commitment to innovation differentiates us as a leader in the out-of-home industry and has driven development of our sister company, IKE Smart City, who is blazing the way in smart city technology with interactive digital kiosks called IKE. Together, our mission is to improve lives in cities through our media platforms. Our work supporting public art, mobility, equity, and community initiatives can be seen in cities nationwide. We are a place where people are inspired to achieve success, genuinely like each other, and have endless opportunities to grow. We value our associates and have created an environment of inclusion, respect, and fun. We hire and reward top-notch talent who contribute to our unique culture and shared vision. We start and end each day excited about the work we do together and the new challenges ahead. Learn more at www.ikesmartcity.com and www.orangebarrelmedia.com.
Orange Barrel Media is seeking an experienced and imaginative Senior Video Editor and Motion Graphics Designer with a strong foundation in visual design and the video post-production process. The Senior Designer’s primary role is to lead ideation and execution of motion design needed for internal marketing deliverables like promotional videos and social media. Deliverables may range from social media posts, IKE kiosk screen content, brand tactics, client presentations, and company website elements, as well as promotional videos, sales materials, and more. OBM and IKE Smart City are rapidly evolving and growing companies who lead their industries and are carving out an ownable premium space – as such, candidates need to be forward-thinking and thrive in imagining what’s next. Flexibility and the ability to adjust on the fly are musts; our culture believes in collaboration and values an enthusiastic can-do attitude.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Collaborate closely with the AVP Brand Director and Creative Director, as well as the Social Media Manager, to define and deliver the most effective creative solutions
- Think strategically about the brand and company objectives at the outset of every request, developing solutions rooted in sound marketing strategy and cutting-edge techniques
- Present ideas proactively, demonstrating an understanding of the business and an ability to anticipate needs of internal stakeholders and their clients
- Create visually stunning video assets and content—starting with conceptual design and storyboard development—through review and collaboration sessions, edits, presentation, and refinement—ending with final execution and quality control
- Elevate and bring the Orange Barrel Media and IKE Smart City brands to life, adhering to guidelines in ways that still push creative boundaries
- Visually translate video outlines/scripts, applying best practices for storytelling, viewer retention and strong calls-to-action across platforms/devices/channels
- Make smart decisions quickly and apply expert organizational skills to keep multiple projects moving forward across varying overlapping timelines
- Lead and participate in group brainstorming/creative sessions to generate ideas and gain input
- Serve as partner and mentor to junior designers
- Develop and maintain a video and animation content library system to ensure appropriate parties have access to content and adhere to brand/motion guidelines in partnership with the Photography Manager
- Proven experience in motion design, animation, 3D animation and video post-production across multiple verticals/industries and brands, with an emphasis on corporate and B2B
- Confident and skillful in presenting and advocating for ideas in front of senior leadership, as well as at fielding input and ideating in the moment
- Understands and has experience with interpreting creative briefs, marketing strategy, and brand guidelines
- Strong understanding of typography, color theory and other fundamental art/design skills
- Able to ideate and execute custom graphics that transmit ideas across multiple platforms/channels, effectively connecting with varying audiences
- Expert-level knowledge of Adobe Suite including After Effects and common motion graphics design software like Cinema 4D, Premiere, and Final Cut Pro
- Expert understanding and experience with social content creation and digital best practices
- Easily pivots from independent work to group collaboration
- Self-motivated and deadline driven, can work quickly without sacrificing quality
- Organized and detail obsessed
- Has a curious mind, keeps a finger on the pulse of the industry and continually thinks about new and better ways to tell a brand’s story
- Appreciates a wide array of creative styles and applies that influence to the development of sophisticated and leading-edge design
- Appreciates a collaborative process and can synthesize feedback to offer the best solution
- Talented in presenting information strategically, concisely, and accurately, with keen attention to detail
- Exemplary interpersonal and analytical abilities
OBM is an equal opportunity employer and provides competitive salary/incentive compensation and benefits, 401k match, and expense account.