Studio Pence is a collaborative and growing design studio located in Clintonville and is currently looking for an experienced and talented web designer to design and shape unique online experiences across a variety of industries and client types.
As a small studio, the perfect candidate will love to be fully immersed and thrive in all phases of our digital design process, from working directly with clients, project stakeholders, and partners, to crafting wireframes and high-fidelity prototypes, to handing off final creative to developers. The candidate can also think out of the box, is obsessed with pixel-perfect attention to detail, and brings thoughtful design direction to their work.
- Be a great team player and have the ability to collaborate closely with other designers, developers, copywriters, and consultants
- Be familiar with implementing data-driven design strategies through research, personas, user flows, and metrics
- Establish aesthetic identities of experiences using information based on client/industry research and brand strategy
- Create structured low-fidelity and high-fidelity designs that take into account User Experience (UX), responsive and adaptive design, and mobile-first strategies, that keep development and functionality in mind
- Present and confidently defend design ideas and decisions with team members as well as clients, as needed
- Help with pre-launch content population and post-launch updates and design refinements as assigned
- Assist clients through other supporting and effective digital marketing and advertising materials through email marketing, social media advertising, and landing pages. Provide comprehensive visual analytical reports on campaign findings and successes
- Stay current with industry trends and best web practices and technologies
- Minimum of 1 year, preferably 2+ years of professional digital design experience with excellent samples of design ability
- Have a 4-year design degree or equivalent work experience
- Possess basic knowledge of HTML/CSS and Bootstrap
- Proficient in design, wireframing, and prototyping tools. Experience with Sketch and Invision is preferred. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is also required
- Have an understanding of how to design responsive and adaptive digital experiences
- Ability to absorb information and complete jobs quickly and accurately, and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate solid project management and communication skills
- Able to deliver on creative direction
- Hardworking, self-motivated, reliable and has high standards
- Able to work effectively as part of a team or individually
- Ability to work efficiently on multiple projects independently while maintaining high-quality deliverables and meeting deadlines
- Willing to learn new things and experiment with new methodologies in an ever-changing industry
- Enjoy working in a small, entrepreneurial environment
- Able to brainstorm effectively and provide multiple design solutions
- Solid design portfolio
Nice to Have:
- Working knowledge of WordPress
- Brand/identity development and print design experience
- 80% Web and digital design
- 10% Admin assistance
- 10% Content population
This is a full-time engagement. If you think you are the right fit for this position, please send your resume and work samples to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
We look forward to meeting you!