The creative bit is fun, engaging, and inspiring.
The professional part?
What a slog…sales, proposals, project management, invoicing, marketing…
Why does marketing and selling our creative work feel so hard most of the time?
And how do other people approach it (especially the ones that make it look so dang easy)?
Introducing The Morning Society, a new monthly event with the CSCA.
This isn’t a speaker event or a show.
It’s not a happy hour or your typical (awkward) morning coffee networking event.
The Morning Society is a place for Columbus creatives to learn from, inspire, and grow alongside each other.
The best part of Columbus has always been its collaborative spirit.
The Morning Society is built on this spirit.
There is a huge wealth of knowledge within our creative community and CSCA is excited to create a space where it can finally be shared!
In monthly guided conversations, we can finally sit down and have a deep chat about the business of being a creative. Monthly topics will range from pricing to finding inspiration to burnout and more.
For the first meeting, we’re tackling how to market and sell your creative services.
It’s a BIG topic to tackle (hello, imposter syndrome).
But you know what?
Together, we can find ways to make it not as frightening, stressful, and, well, “icky.”
Come join us at Wild Goose Creative on Wednesday, April 12th from 10:30 AM-12 PM.
Anna Hetzel will be guiding us through questions, helping us connect in small group discussions, and making sure we know where the coffee is.
Tickets range from $0 to $10 and sales help us pay for the space and the extra goes into CSCA’s scholarship fund.
Get your tickets here
Wednesday, April 12th, 10:30 A.M.–12:00 P.M.
Wild Goose Creative, 188 Mc Dowell Street Columbus, OH 43215
Are you someone who feels comfier knowing the agenda?
Here ya go:
- 10:30 AM – arrive and grab yourself a coffee or a tea and snag a seat
- 10:45 AM – Event kickoff, expectations, and a (very dumb) icebreaker question
- 10:55 AM – Small group breakouts with no more than 5 people per group. Anna will be providing questions to get the conversation flowing.
- 11:30 AM – Large group sharing
- 11:35 AM – Back to your small groups with new ideas to discuss from the large group share
- 11:50 AM – Wrap up and thank you!
- 12 PM – Bye bye and have a great rest of your Wednesday