Creative work requires alone time.
We love getting lost in the act of creating, only coming up for air and another cup of coffee.
Yet creative work also requires community.
We need places to gather feedback, ask questions, and find inspiration.
Not to mention a strong network for new projects!
Plus, a great way to build community is through volunteering…but then we have to walk the fine line between giving away our talent for free and getting paid for it.
How do we balance the need for community, the need for space, and the need to get paid?
Come talk about community-building (while actively building community) at The Morning Society, a monthly meet-up for Central Ohio creatives to learn from, inspire, and grow alongside each other.
Join us in a discussion on strategic volunteerism, making friends, building a client network, and more at Wild Goose Creative on Wednesday, May 10th from 10:30 AM-12 PM.
Anna Hetzel will be guiding us through questions, helping us connect in small group discussions, and making sure we know where the coffee is.
Tickets range from $0 to $10.
Get your tickets here
Wednesday, April 12th, 10:30 A.M.–12:00 P.M.
Wild Goose Creative, 188 Mc Dowell Street Columbus, OH 43215
Are you someone who feels comfier knowing the agenda?
Here ya go:
- 10:30 AM – arrive and grab yourself a coffee or a tea and snag a seat
- 10:45 AM – Event kickoff, expectations, and a (very dumb) icebreaker question
- 10:55 AM – Small group breakouts with no more than 5 people per group. Anna will be providing questions to get the conversation flowing.
- 11:30 AM – Large group sharing
- 11:35 AM – Back to your small groups with new ideas to discuss from the large group share
- 11:50 AM – Wrap up and thank you!
- 12 PM – Bye bye and have a great rest of your Wednesday